Saturday, September 1, 2012

1990s Spawn Action Figures: Malebolgia, Vandalizer, Vertebreaker, and Violator by McFarlane Toys

From McFarlane Toys’ 1990s line of Spawn action figures here are four of Hell’s most infamous demons: Malebolgia, a demon lord from the Eighth Circle of Hell; and his demonic children Vandalizer, Vertebreaker, and Violator who make up part of the collective known as the Phlebiac Brothers and are in charge of training Malebolgia’s army of Hellspawn.

Malebolgia is from the 1995 Spawn Series 2 line.







Violator II is from the 1995 Spawn Series 3 line.





Vertebreaker is from the 1995 Spawn Series 3 line.





Vandalizer is from the 1996 Spawn Series 5 line.




When a pipe broke in my garage these items happened to be in a cardboard box on the floor. Though the water never reached more than a couple of centimeters high the water was soaked up by the cardboard box and by the backboards of the packages containing these figures as well. The figures themselves did not get wet. I decided just to remove the backboards and place them into Ziploc bags. (Though, the figure of Malebolgia proved to be a little too big to be sealed completely in a Ziploc bag.) The only time I have removed the items from their bags since then was to take these pictures.  None of the parts are missing and as you can tell from the pictures the items are in excellent condition.

Todd McFarlane’s Spawn is arguably the most successful series to spawn from an Image title. Since the publication of the first issue in 1992 McFarlane’s Spawn has been made into a video game, an animated HBO series, a live action movie, and a successful toy line. 

If you are interested in these four figures, you can find them for sale as a package on… Will be posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate